What should I do if my Cruz Reader (R100 Series) will not turn on?
This article applies only to the Cruz Reader R101/2/3.
Warning: DO NOT perform the steps below if you are not sure that you have a Cruz Reader R101/2/3.
Warning: DO NOT perform the steps below if your unit is powering on and hanging on the Cruz logo, try this instead.
If your Cruz Reader will not turn on or freezes and will not respond to input, follow the steps below to resolve this:
- Locate the Cruz RESET location between the Power Button and mini-USB port.
- Using the straightened end of a small paperclip, insert it perpendicularly into the RESET hole and hold for 5 seconds.
- Turn on your Cruz
Warning: DO NOT remove the battery from the unit unless you do not intend to reinstall it as you have a replacement. See more here: Should I buy an extra battery?
If the steps above do not allow you to power on again, then continue with the steps below:
- Remove the Cruz from the charger and eject the External SD card.
- Place the Cruz face down on the desk, starting at the External SD slot, pull off the back cover of your Cruz.
- In the lower left corner of the back of your Cruz, locate the battery power cable. Unplug the cable and replug it again.
- Return the back cover to your Cruz and snap it into place.
- Re-insert your External SD card and power on your Cruz.